Friday, June 11, 2010

I Just Don't Get These Shoes

I don't get these shoes.  But I really don't get these shoes when someone is wearing them with their business attire on the way to work.  Seriously?  This guy must work in the most laid back office ever... although that doesn't explain the Dockers and the pressed Oxford shirt.  It's like a living definition for dichotomy.  The Vibram (name brand) website even clearly states: "we recommend wearing FiveFingers for exercise, play, and for fun."  Notice not one mention of "work."  


I get the whole idea that these "stimulate and exercise" the feet in a way that traditional shoes do not... but really?  They just look ridiculous.  I have seen them all over the streets of NYC and have yet to see someone wearing them that doesn't completely out of place.  


If you haven't seen these and want a closer look, here's a peek to your left.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think these shoes are strangely cute! I've thought about buying a pair, actually. But I have no idea where I would wear them. Never with business attire of course! But maybe on a casual afternoon while... um.. shopping? I dunno. But they're cool looking!

Thomas said...

Say it ain't so!