Saturday, February 25, 2006

The sad truth about online friend boards...and I'm not talking about "Hung Up"

Sitting here tonight I realized a great truth about myself. ALL of my friends have more friends than I do right now... what the &@*^!? Granted, I was never the BMOC and certainly didn't hang with the A crowd in high school. I chose the path less traveled and fluttered in and out of the B, C, D and on occassion A crowds. There were far too many interesting people to just sit back and soak in the company of a few select members. No no. Not for me. I did carry the closest people close to my heart and have kept up with them as best as I can as I've grown older. But now technology has caught up with me and like a preoccupied man walking into one of those fresh fish market's near the wharf... I got slapped in the face with a flounder of reality!

My only consolation is in knowing that most of these friends have "friends" who are not truly friends but are simply "acquaintances" who they have gotten to know over the years.

Perhaps this means I've been too picky and not permitted my "suburb" friends to join me in the "downtown" of my life. That's it... it's open bar at Tommy's and EVERYONE'S WELCOME! God dammit... join me on Myspace!

No comments: