Friday, February 10, 2006

Pick a "friend" place and stick to it...or YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY PERSONALIZED DESK ACCESSORIES!

So, my latest rant involves the frustration that I have over too many "friend-networking" websites. I had Friendster and everyone was on there. Then everyone started using Myspace so I went over there... I NEED TO BE CONNECTED! But then people switch back and forth and confuse the living b'jesus out of me and now I'm floating in "friend-network" hell. (Little none fact, Myspace and Friendster actuall co-exist on Dante's fourth level of hell... read the book.)

Anyhow, I'm now focusing on Myspace... if Friendster send me a little hello via email now and then I will take it as a lovely gesture and move on.

This attitude has worked for me since I switched from a Hotmail account to one on Gmail about three months ago. Do I love Gmail? No... but I'm courting it. Gmail gives me FAR FEWER "service interruptions" than Hotmail ever did so I'm good for now. Is the interface dreamy? As Kenneth Cole is my witness "No!"

I'm a little convinced that there is one guy at MSN whose job it is to make sure that Hotmail kicks in "service interruptions" periodically just to see if the members will react. It works like this... no reaction, no members are trying to log on... reaction, Hotmail is thrilled that people are aggressively trying to log into their account to see if Lillian Vernon has sent them a new catalog update. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY PERSONALIZED DESK ACCESSORIES!

Anyhow, enough ranting. My friend Mike is touring with Utah Shakes educational tour of Macbeth. The van is amazing and I know he's frustrated and wishes that he wasn't trapped within its confines, but it is a SUPER COOL VAN! Check it out at his blog.


That's it for me tonight. Sorry I wasn't funnier. It'll come back to me... I just need 8 glasses of water, two lemon rinds, and a teaspoon of pepper and I'll have flushed this bitterness RIGHT out of my system. Ciao!

No comments: