Thursday, February 17, 2005

Da Vinci and his crazy painting self

So, in my sickly stupor yesterday I finished reading The Da Vinci Code. Holy mother of... seriously! Frankly, one of my more favorite books as of lately. Yes its trendy and yes its being turned into a film but it was a LOT of fun and who doesn't love a good conspiracy theory. If you haven't read it, read it. Here is a small list of other books that I highly recommend:

Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Harry Potter and the ... by J.K. Rowling (basically start with Year One and keep going)
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
Anything by Sylvia Brown
The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (see recommendation for HP)
Haunted America by Michael Norman and Beth Scott

It's pretty diverse so don't try to read them all at once or you're brian will spasm. I also still have a penchant for children's literature and comic books. Not crazy superhero stuff but Archie and the gang. Queer? Yes.

Which leads me to my next question:
Are you a Betty or a Veronica?
This simple question can lead people to profound philosophical understanding. Similar to the Betty or Wilma debate, but cuter.

Well, I've rambled a bit tonight. You may feel better if I let things slide here and crawl my rejuvinating health self back into bed. So would I... so... So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehn, good night.

1 comment:

ASF said...

how do you know if you're betty or veronica? I've never really read the comic.