Thursday, October 06, 2005

Eons... yes, eons...

I know. I know. It's been eons (as the headline says) since I've posted anything on here. Call me lazy... or call me INSANELY BUSY but I'm sorry.

Anyhow, to catch you up... it's Later that Same Day... Rhoda is on the phone with Mary and Ted is busy trying to write a feature for the evening, wait a minute, that's not my life... that's Mary Tyler Moore. Damn it! I thought I was awfully successful for my age. At least I haven't lost a beret (sp?) by tossing it haphazardly into the air in the middle of downtown.

Seriously, I've been super busy with school... not taking classes but teaching, believe it or not. I'm currently serving as Interim Co-Director of the Theatre Managment program at UA and let me tell you - if you thought your professors had it easy b/c they came in, lectured, and went home... HA! You were sorely mistaken.

I'm on guard all day working to insure that the marketing and front-of-house efforts are going off without a hitch, molding young minds to be creative thinkers for the future of our industry, and constantly planning my next career move. (Baby steps, baby steps.)

When I do have some down time I try desperately to catch up with those that I have lost touch with... if you haven't had that from me, don't worry, it's coming.

I got on a kick recently and decided that since I couldn't be with my dear Addie that I would send her off on a new tour with our favorite leading lady of the Country stage (and screen), Ms. Dolly Parton. Their "tour blog" is here (http://addiedollytour.blogspot.com/). It's tons of fun and Addie loves it which is pretty important in the endeavor. One might assume that our obsession with Dolly is unnatural but you see, she is the hero to all children of the Smoky Mountains and must be treated with the respect she deserves. Others might assume that I am not treating her with respect b/c of the "humorous" adventures she is having unbeknownst to her. Well, to those who believe that this is a ridicule of Dolly... poo poo to you. This is my way of sharing in the life of a celeb and a distant best friend through comedy, satire, and love. (Author's Note: no one has actually said I am disrespecting Dolly... I just see it coming... like the plague or the Spanish Inquisition. Oh wait, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition. Damn, wrong again.)

Well, that said I must away to bed. Between Benedryl and the stress of daily life I am exhausted. Ta ta for now and please write soon (wthomasadkins@hotmail.com) and let me know how you're doing.
T

No comments: